Wednesday 29 August 2012

Homestruck In The Homestretch

 Well, saying it's been a little while since I've written here would probably be a bit of an understatement... That being said, I just love how reflective this whole blog-keeping activity really is; it's almost therapeutic actually. A lot of things have happened over the time between this post and my last... some bad things, some good things. Nonetheless, there have been some awesome times and a whole new chapter of my life is in it's earliest stages.

The Greater Good

 To be completely blunt, my parents separated around the beginning of August (if I recall correctly). Honestly, it was an extremely emotional time for the first week or so but, while things may still be a little emotionally shaky, my brother and I have both come to terms with it, I think. I'm finding that the house feels a little empty now that my Dad isn't living here (and despite the fact that we still see him); my Mom has her good days and her bad days but, whenever Dad comes to visit or help out with something, it seems like everything ends in some kind of argument. We've decided to move, although we're not entirely sure where to  or when we'll be doing so; we've been cleaning out the basement and getting things ready for a big sale we'll have sometime in the early fall. I know that the whole process of moving has really put a lot of stress on my parents and is probably the reason they seem to argue so often, but it really isn't helping us complete our goals and it makes me quite upset when we're in the middle of doing something and they start firing back and forth between each other; it also adds to the emotional gravity of the situation and brings us down. I really don't want to be that typical teenage kid in the middle of his parent's separation that ends up hating his parents because of their arguing (and I'll never truly hate my parents, I mean, how could anyone?), but it really does bother me when I have to sit there and listen to my Mom and Dad do that! Anyways, I don't want to broadcast this to the whole world cause I'm not entirely sure they'd appreciate that, but I needed somewhere to vent or else I was gonna explode! 

Plans Discontinued

 So, I've been looking back at all my posts and I've realized how little I've accomplished of what I originally set out to do when the summer started; I wanted to go places, talk to people, and do so many different things!!!! What the hell happened?! I haven't hung out with Emma (who remains a mystery woman to me), I haven't gotten Hazel back to hangout with again, and I haven't written half of the stuff I had ideas for in the first place (although I have written some things). I mean, I'm almost completely disappointed with my lack of persistence and determination this summer when it comes to going out of my way to do things... I've really just let all of my plans fall-through. That being said, school's gonna be here in less than a week, and I'm sure that'll create an abundance of new plans somehow; I find myself a little more disappointed because I won't be doing BMT or Drama this year, two courses I have fallen in love with. Besides all of that bad news, I'm still looking forward to my courses and to seeing all of my friends again. 

The Dark Odyssey 

 Considering there hasn't been a lot of good things coming out of this summer, I've been extremely creative in terms of writing and ideas for novels or screenplays. Upon speaking to my friend Clark (who slept over for the first time a few nights ago), it was refreshing to learn that he also writes screenplays and that, despite how rare it truly is find others around our age, I'm not the only one who writes full screenplays for films that I'd love to see come to fruition. Recently, I've finished the screenplay for the first episode of A Killer Among Us, started writing an outline for a sequel to my Mortal Kombat script with the help of my friend Shawn, and have begun working on an untitled screenplay based on the internet meme Slender Man. I've also written the prologue for a novel I'm working on titled The Dark Odyssey and have been ironing out a few ideas for Insanity's Bride and some unrelated poems and songs about love, life, and death. Speaking of Insanity, I haven't seen Sharon or Matt in a very long time; I'm guessing this might have something to do with Matt going into college this year, meaning it could be just Sharon and I working on the project for a while. On an unrelated note, I've discovered some old writing pieces that I worked on back in my early days of public school and, I have to say, they're kind of hilarious (compared to my writing now, that is). Anyways, like I said, I've been extremely creative this summer and I've just stumbled upon some new ideas that I won't reveal quite yet because they're in their earliest stages of development. 
Official cover to my novel-in-progress, The Dark Odyssey.
Un-official poster that I made for Insanity's Bride.

Old Habits vs. The Greater Good

 I think I'm a compulsive liar. There, I said it. I mean, I've told so many little white lies in the past that their combined pressure has added up to the feeling of having told one big lie. I was watching The Breakfast Club for the first time (yes, I know, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before either) and the "weird" girl mentioned how she's a compulsive liar which made me suddenly realize that I may also be. Then, I was watching a marathon of Breaking Bad season 2 and Walter White was trying and cover up his lies with more lies causing his whole family to fall apart, I realized that some lies are much more necessary than others are and that, sometimes, it's the little unnecessary lies that come back to bite us in the ass. Lately, the only lie that's been bugging me has been that I told Hazel that I'm not a virgin when, in truth, I actually am; occasionally this presents a problem in the form of brief interactions between Hazel and those who know the truth, so I constantly try to steer the conversation away from sex, unless I'm alone with her (and that definitely is not meant the way it sounds). 

The Cake Is A Lie

 It's my Dad's birthday tomorrow and I intend to make him a card (despite my mother's idea of taking Dylan and I out to buy him one). I suppose I'll leave off by saying that I may not write again until school starts and that I rescued a den of kittens and their mother from Vauxhall Park with the help of my friend Mercedes just a few days ago; we took them back to her house and now they await a suitable home to be found for them.  

May randomness prevail!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment