Saturday 19 May 2012

"Afrotastic"

  Well, to say it's be a usual few weeks since I last posted would be a complete understatement. Over the past two weeks, my life has consisted of being sick, performing Hairspray for Beal and a slew of public schools, and what went from being some of the most stressful experiences of my life to experiences I now appreciate and have grown from significantly. I've actually accomplished quite a bit over the amount of time I've spent away from this blog; there hasn't been a single moment where I haven't been busy or too tired to do anything but sit around or sleep until now. I can honestly say that I've never been prouder of myself than I am at the moment because I realized just how lucky I am to have the life, the friends, the family, and the opportunities that I do as a human being. Hairspray has become a stepping stone to the future that I'm working towards and, although I write about it every time I make an entry, I can't stress enough the fact that I'm so appreciative of the opportunity I've been given as a performer and as a student.  The only thing that would make all of this better would be if I wasn't sick right now... I digress...

Beal Musical Theatre's production of Hairspray!!!! (left to right) Nate Crocker (Edna), Kelsey Falconer (Tracy),      Austin Campbell (me, Gilbert), Olivia Sinclair-Brisbane (Motormouth Maybelle), Greg Eadie (Seaweed), Vanessa Johnston (Lil' Inez) 


  It's the long weekend!!! I'll be having Shawn over tonight which should prove to be as interesting as always; we always find a way to have a good time, and we always talk about the usual stuff: girls, games, movies, girls, craziness, politics... Girls. As per usual whenever Shawn comes over, we'll be sitting down for at least an hour of Battlefield 3 unless he actually changes his mind about it for once (maybe I ought to choose a different game for us to play more often... one that's actually multiplayer)! I was hoping that I could also use this long weekend to catch up on my Reading Contract for English class; I've been reading The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King (hmmm... I wonder what other secrets lie within' the mind of Roland the Gunslinger). Truthfully, I really want to start working on my script for a series I'm doing with my friends Clark and Jordan; plus, I'm interested in writing some songs for Insanity's Bride and I also want to go over the plot with Sharon because I need to get a handle on it and start mulling around some ideas with the team before I move forward and begin actually writing anything. My project with Clark and Jordan can wait until later in the summer, while I'm not entirely sure about Insanity's Bride considering Matt is heading off to Western University next year (man... he's old)!



  Moving on, I just saw The Avengers last night and, I must say, wow... Just wow; the film was truly stunning for such a simple concept and I really think Joss Whedon proved a worthy director of such sacred source material. While the opening of the film was a little slow, the conflict within' the team was fascinating as soon as Thor arrived! Also, I think that Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson really won me over as Hawkeye and Black Widow, respectively. **SPOILER ALERT** When Tony Stark took that nuke into space at the end, I was completely and utterly blown away by the scale of the film and how intense it had all gotten; along with that, the scene with Thanos at the end was killer! Honestly, I can't wait until Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2, cause The Avengers leaves you wanting more from every single character that graces the screen (including Mark Ruffalo, who portrayed a near-perfect Bruce Banner/Hulk)! If you haven't guessed already, I'm a bit of a comicbookmovie geek!!!


  Anyways, that's pretty much all for me right now; I'll update you on the progress of my projects and stuff when they come to fruition but, until then, this is The Fro signing off...




No comments:

Post a Comment