Wednesday 9 October 2013

Get a Job! Feat. GTA V and A Clusterf*** Of Everything Money

   Hello, for the first time in forever it seems, dear blogisphere! I have no idea where to begin because so much has happened since the last time I've written here so I'll start with the most important piece of information...

Moving On

   Well, I must say that it was quite an uphill battle but my family and I have moved from our old house (my Dad moving into his own apartment and my Mom, Dylan, and I moving to a townhouse near the hospital my Mom works at). In other words, the summer felt incredibly long and it has been very stressful, to say the least. Not only have I moved but the same problems and drama that plagued me before are creeping their way back into my life (not having enough time for friends, etc.) plus the search for a job which has finally yielded a positive result: I am now currently working at University Hospital in the cafeteria. I don't know... Things have just been crazy in a number of different ways: I have a future to think about in the form of that good-old question of which University I should go to, not to mention my on-going, extra-curricular activities such as choir and the play, Picnic At Hanging Rock. On top of all that, I have a trip to Spain coming up in March for which I really need some funds... And on top of that I have a trip to Ottawa to worry about paying for every month until July! Like I said, things have been crazy and I can't help but feel a little overwhelmed by everything. 

   I was sitting in the drama room the other night during play rehearsal, listening to my friend, Sam Holmes, practice her valedictorian speech and it really got me thinking about the future. Earlier in the day, I had had a talk with Lindsey about how we were finally seniors and how I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to go but that it was stressful because Charlotte thinks I should do one thing but my heart keeps telling me another. Lindsey told me that I should not let what my girlfriend does completely dictate my life and she also said I should cover my bases to give myself options (ex. getting a degree in law and an undergraduate in music or theatre); at least then I could actually choose but always have a fallback. I've really valued outside opinions during these early stages of the transition to University; even Charlotte's opinion, no matter how bias, has been useful. I think, these days, social interactions are some of the most valuable things you can experience because we live in a world where social, face-to-face interactions are disappearing at an alarming rate. The other day, I went to my guidance counselor to ask him about applying to University and scholarships... he basically referred me to a website and said that that's how I could happen upon the information. It just seems ridiculous that we have to go through all this technological rigamarole!

   Anyways, I digress, my life could not be busier and stress is just what comes with being busy...

One Year of Laughter, Love, and Lamentation 

   It's been over a year now since Charlotte and I started dating; we celebrated our one year last weekend and we had a great time. We got to go see the Gondoliers on Sunday and then went to my friend Clark's place to watch the series finale of Breaking Bad. I also made her breakfast in bed which my wonderful brother obliged to cook bacon for. 

GTA V!!!!!!!

   Well, it finally came and it hasn't gone away... I don't think it ever will. Grand Theft Auto V is, by far, the best open-world game ever built and I think it's safe to say that this Rockstar's magnum opus if they ever had one. The controls are smoother and much easier to work with then GTA IV, the driving feels like real life, the aiming and weapon system if much, much better handled, and the world of Los Santos and San Andreas is brimming with life from shore to shore in one of the most beautiful game worlds ever created. Bottom line: if you don't already have this game, why aren't you already out buying a copy...?


   All In All

  Anyways, it's been an interesting start to the school year and a stressful one at that. I can already tell that the transition to university won't be as smooth as I'd hoped but I'm still pretty excited to get out of London and see the world. Until next time, fellow bloggerino's...

              #TheFroIsBack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment